Monday, August 12, 2013

Jayden's Last Week in Preschool

We started out today with a field trip to McDonalds.  We played, ate lunch and played some more. They got smurf toys in their Happy Meals.  I should have taken a group picture of the kiddos but forgot.  They had a great time.  Jayden saw a boy there he had met previously met at Jump Zone.  I think his name was Robert. Izabelle kept following the boys around.  They did not like it much. We had planned on leaving at noon, but it started pouring.  I think we got back to the house about 12:45.  We got ready for rest time.  You can't say nap to some of them.  Most of the kiddos have out grown nap time.  We watched an Ice Age movie.  They always enjoy that.

I took nap time to get some activities prepared for next week.  We are having Apple week.  I have allot planned.  My printer and laminator have been working overtime.  Bergen and Izzabelle start Kindergarten next school year.  We have allot of learning to do.

It is Tuesday.  I promised Jayden we would have pancakes for breakfast.  We did.  They enjoyed them.  The kiddos worked on abcmouse.com lessons this morning.   This a great preschool tool.  We alsio played"Don't spill the Beans", an alphabet game and had creative drawings.  We colored more lima beans for our sensory box.  They seem to enjoy it more when there are more beans to scoop up.

For lunch we had tacos, raw carrots and strawberries.  The kids love fruit.

 After lunch the kiddos had free play.   It was fun seeing them play with the the barbies, people, jacks and straws. They can be so creative.  As I have mentioned Jayden will be starting Kindergarten next week.  I was so proud when he brought me something he had printed.  He copied words off a game box.  "Cootie Games".  It excites me when I see what they learn.  I remembered to take some pictures today.
















Well it is Wednesday and hump day.  I just have a few more days to enjoy Jayden's company.  At breakfast we had cereal, Crunch Berries and Raisin Bran.  Crunch Berries are the most healthy things, but sometimes it is ok.

Jayden left us for a little bit and went to a haircut.  He is going to charm his teacher and the girls.

We played with shaving cream and sprinkled pop rocks in it.  I also gave them the counter bears to use.   They did not play with it as long as I thought they would have, but that was ok.  When I washed off my hands you could hear popping in the sink.  I guess it was more fun for me.

Before lunch the kids were playing in the back yard.  Jayden found a frog.  The kids were so excited.  He said he was showing it to a little girl across the fence and it was dropped he was sad.

For lunch we had popcorn chicken, corn and strawberries.  Oh yes and chocolate milk.

This afternoon the mail man dropped off our pattern blocks.  I wanted to share this link.  http://www.prekinders.com/pattern-blocks/  I purchased the kiddos some pattern blocks and did not buy any mats.  Thanks to Prekinders I downloaded them for free.  Alright it is now time for pictures.



 Corbin looks out of it in this picture.




 This is the frog Jayden found.  So proud!
                                           He is so cute!
Ok I will be back tomorrow.

It is Thursday and Jayden's last day.  It was sad to see him go, but he is about to start a new chapter in his life and I am excited about that.  I wish I could be there Monday morning at school to see him for his first day as a kindergartener.

I couldn't remember everything we did to day so I had to load the pictures for help.




 We played with the pattern blocks  I liked seeing 
the kids making things without the help of a pattern mat.


 Jacks and straws


 Bergie was working on patterns.
 We played a coloring game.
The train had numbers 1-10.
I had cards with numbers 1-10.
The kids would draw a card, 
say the number and color the places
on their picture.


 We sorted our counting bears into muffin tins.
 We counted each color and did a bear graph.
Which color had the largest number of bears?


 Counting
 Bergen is coloring Spiderman.
She is doing great staying in the lines.
She wanted me to count all of the spaces.
I passed on that.  Lots of tiny spaces.



 We made new koolaide
 play dough and 
 play dough cupcakes.
Yum! Yum!


 It looks like a window!

 We poured ice into our water sensory tub.

 They were pounding the ice with the cups.

 I brought in a hammer!


 It was a hit!  lol













 Bergen was saying by to Meme.












No comments:

Post a Comment